2.24.2015

Week 3: Oi! Tudo Bem!



Oi! Tudo Bem!

Well this week has flown by! I can't believe that I'm half way done with the MTC! I'm so excited but also really nervous. This week didn't seem eventful​, but it really did have some good stuff!

My Portuguese is definitely better this week, but we were in the doctor's office for my eye (which I got antibiotics for and is all better now) and an elder from brazil started talking to us and we had no idea what he was saying... haha... they were simple questions too, like where are you from and where will you be serving. Whoops. 

Anyways here are some of the things that happened this week:
I found out that they suggest that you only send two packages per year to me in Cape Verde... so we should keep that in mind.

We found out that we get to host the new missionaries tomorrow and help them find their rooms and such. I'm so excited!

Our district leader and his companion were made the zone leaders.

We had our first TRC experience on Saturday and it went really well. 

The only thing is that I'm the only person in our district that gets emotional when talking about spiritual things so they always guess when I will cry, like during TRC. I cried 2 other times this week... once during a lesson with our investigator when I recited the first vision, that was rough, and then when I had an interview with my teacher and he asked why I was serving a mission, what I wanted to share with the people in Cape Verde, and what most strengthened my testimony (the three topics that will 100% make me cry). So that was fun... mostly embarrassing, but I did get my teacher to shed a tear. Success. 

One of the elders in our district, Elder Lunt, is going to try to break the mile record at the MTC, he ran for BYU Hawaii before his mission. His fastest is like 4.30, and the current record is 5.04, so we hope he can do it!

Apparently I talk in my sleep, and when I do my companion, without being aware, sits straight but in bed. The other sister in our room told us this and said it really freaked her out haha.

Our teacher, Irmao Workman, said the weirdest thing he ate on his mission in Mozambique was the urinal track of a goat. So who knows what I'll be eating!

My companion had a problem with her big toe, so we got to go to the doctors, like outside the MTC. Best thing ever. Her surgery was only like 45 minutes, and she'll like completely fine, but we were in the real world for 2 and a half hours. And we got to listen to real music, and ride in a car. It was great. And we get to go back in two weeks. So stoked. 

One day we walked into class, and the elders were showing each other how they tie their ties. It was super funny. They had all these fancy knots and were teaching each other the cool ones.

A different day, we walked into class and the elders decided to take a picture of them trying to look like tools. It was pretty hilarious. 




I can't really think of anything else that happened this week, but I know that we are always laughing, but I can't ever remember why. But just know I'm doing good, and having a lot of fun and learning a ton!

Love you all so much,
Sister Kohlert

No comments:

Post a Comment