1.10.2016

Week 47: Oh Maria

We had a week full of miracles, we were blessed with some amazing investigators this week, and I´m sure you´ll here about them in next weeks email, but today I just can´t help but give a shout out to one of our investigators who i havent mentioned nearly as much as i should. So... can I just say how much I love Maria! I just wish everyone of you could meet this incredible lady. The changes she has made in her life and the things that she is working through just amazes me. This week she invited us over for dinner on new years eve, which was lovely, definitely left completely stuffed. We had the opportunity to teach her about fasting, and she was so excited to do her first fast. This week we had been talking a lot to her about marriage and baptism, so I was thinking that she would fast for her and josé to get married, but I was touched as she told us what she wanted to fast for. She is so selfless. She didn´t pause for a second as she told us that she wanted to fast for her daughter who was having a very hard time at work and that she wanted to fast to help her find a better job. I recalled Elder Holland´s talk about mothers when she gave that humble answer so quickly.



`What kind of mortal love can make you feel, once you have a child, that your life is never, ever your own again? Maternal love has to be divine. There is no other explanation for it. What mothers do is an essential element of Christ´s work. Knowing that should be enough to tell us the impact of such love will range between unbearable and transcendent, over and over again, until with the safety and salvation of the very last child on earth, we can [then] say with Jesus, `[Father!] I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.` 

To see her carry the burden of her daughter was something that touched me deeply. There is no doubt in my mind the power of the Holy Ghost in the life of mothers. Heavenly Father watches out for His children through mothers and fathers. Of course they receive revelation for what we need. (If only I understood this before...sorry mom and dad...) 

I´m so grateful for everything I have learned from the people here. I don´t think they will ever realize the influence that they have on our lives, but I hope that I can express it a little bit better so that they can feel the change in us and see the change in themselves.

Till next week,
Síster Kohlert

No comments:

Post a Comment