3.10.2015

Week 5: Music and the spoken...bat?

Heyo! Tudo Bem!

So this is officially my last week at the MTC, we received our travel plans and we are departing next Tuesday! We leave at 3 a.m. on Tuesday morning, and head to the airport. We stop in Atlanta, Newark, and Lisbon, Portugal before arriving in Cape Verde on Wednesday at 7 p.m. I'm very excited to see the people and the first island that I will be serving on.

This week, Irmao Workman, who served in Mozambique, showed us pictures from his mission, and I am now so excited. The people look so happy and so humble. He told us some crazy stories, and some really funny ones. I wish I could write them all! He is writing a book about his mission, so maybe one day you can all read them... or not.

On Sunday, we were in Music and The Spoken Word, and a bat started flying around the room! No one could pay attention to the program, and every just followed the bat around haha. It swooped down toward the crowd and everyone squealed. It was very entertaining.

We are going to sing a musical number in our sacrament meeting this Sunday, so that should be good. We are singing the EFY Medley mixed with Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. It sounds really cool.

As you all know, this week was daylight savings, and so we thought we were so prepared and changed our clocks an hour earlier... yeah. So we were going to be two hours late for class instead of just one. We are so smart! luckily we caught it and changed them forward two hours before we fell asleep!

Last week I finished the Book of Mormon! 

Some funny things that happened, one of our elders accidentally spilled chocolate milk on a senior sisters head... he was so red and thoroughly embarrassed. She was really nice about it, and her husband was laughing so hard.
 
We also assigned everyone a disney character that they were most like. Mine was tinkerbell, not just because of my hair, but also my personality. it was really funny. one of the elders is just like Doug from Up, and another one was the 7 dwarves, all of them, he just has every personality. super funny. 

Anyways, I don't have any pictures to send this week, but you will definitely get some the next time I email in 
AFRICA!

I love you all!
Sister Kohlert

No comments:

Post a Comment