4.20.2015

Week 10: Batismo!

Dear Family and Friends,

So this week was not that exciting... well I usually bring my journal with me and I can write down all of the crazy stuff that happened, but I forgot it this week... sorry.

But something crazy did happen! So on Sunday all of our baptisms we had planned for Saturday all didn´t come to church so none of them could be baptized. It was really sad. We ended up dropping like 3 of our investigators because they weren´t progressing any more. But we did find someone! One of the young women said she had a friend for us to teach! So we stopped by and had a lesson and set a baptismal date for May. We went home and found her teaching record because she said she had been taught before a few years ago (she´s 17 now, Irina). She had all of the lessons, and we felt like we should move her date forward, so we met with her the next day and asked her how she felt about moving it to this Saturday and she said yes! She came to church and everything and ah! She´s amazing. So we did all of the lessons again that week, everyday, and then she was baptized on Saturday. So great. I´ll send pictures one day when the computers actually like us. So that was the miracle of the week. Seriously amazing. We have only known her for a week and she is just so strong and after the first lesson she said she knows the Book of Mormon is true and that this is the church of Christ! She is such a boss! I love her!



Okay, so one thing that has been hard, one of our investigators, that I think i´ve told you guys about is Lucas. He is a minor so he needs his parents permission to be baptized. So we always talk to his mom, but a few days before we were going to talk to her about it she just got really annoyed or something. I don´t know what happened, but when we asked her she said no, and that he wasn´t old enough to make this decision and that she wouldn´t let him. My heart just dropped. This kid is amazing. He knows it is all true. He came to two sessions of conference and came to church yesterday even when his brother (who is a member) didn´t and to Irina´s baptism on Saturday. So if you guys can pray for him and that his mom will open her heart and give permission for him to be baptized, it would mean a lot.

Okay so some funny/crazy things that happened this week:
During a lesson with Antonia (the same one with the baby that peed on the floor), she asked me to say the prayer, so I started and in the middle, the baby girl just started licking my arm! Haha and no one noticed! Super funny... and weird. Then on Sunday during church she pooped on the ground. Yup. Not joking. I didn´t know what to do since I was in the middle of the row and I didn´t know where to get like paper towels or anything since they only have tissues in the bathroom. So that was pretty crazy.

We learned how to soften/pound the corn to make catchupa. You use like a round stone bowl thing with a big wooden pole with the corn in the bowl with pork to help it soften. Then you just pound it with the wooden pole to tenderize it. It was pretty sweet, and hard. I wish I had pictures!

We also went to Sao Vicente this week for zone meeting, and it was so cold! It is ALWAYS windy there, so I borrowed one of the other sisters full on parka! So weird. I was so cold and it was only like 65 degrees probably. 
On the ship/ferry on the way back, someone fainted. Everyone went to go see who it was, but me and my comp just chilled on our bench. It turned out to be one of our investigators! WHAT?!? We should have gone over! Man! Missed that opportunity!

Anyways, that´s about it for this week!
Love you guys, till next week,
Sister Kohlert

No comments:

Post a Comment