7.05.2016

Week 71: So....It's now been move to 'Transfer of the Family Nights'

Boa Terde as they say here in Santo Antao,

Another wonderful week has passed by on this golden island that i love so much! We have had a lot of fun this week, and we have seen a lot of miracles. One miracle that I´d like to share was the story of the first door my greenie knocked. So it was a lovely summer day in Porto Novo; by lovely I mean drenched in sweat, covered in dirt, with sand in your eyes, with wind as if you were in a clothes dryer, when our lesson fell though and i decided to take the opportunity to have my comp knock the first door in her life. First, she had no idea where to go, haha so i picked the street and she picked the door. Turns out a family of like 14 lives there and 6 of the kids (from ages 8 to 23) sat to hear our message. They were so welcoming and so open. It was truely a miracle. We passed by again on saturday and just one of the daughters was there, but she had prayed and knew it was true. Can I just tell you that these people are prepared!?! Gotta love the mission. So we´re going to keep trying to work with the whole family (which consists of the parents and their 8 kids... you dont find that here! not with all the kids having the same parents!) so cool.

We also had another week full of family nights, every single night actually. It´s been great for our investigators and the less actives, and the members of course. We´ll see how many we can do this transfer, so far we´re at 12 out of the 14 days. soon to be 13/15 after tonight. 


Yesterday was bittersweet because it was the last fast and testimony meeting that I will have here in Cabo Verde, as I realized that sitting in the congregation I just bawled my eyes out. You grow to love these people so much, and it just breaks your heart to even think about leaving them. I love my mission. I wouldn´t trade it for anything in this world. There is not anything better that I could do with this year and a half than to serve the Lord.

Love you all! Till next week,
Síster Kohlert

No comments:

Post a Comment