11.04.2015

Week 38: Decisions and Revelation

Tudo Bem!

Dont have much time today, sorry... but i just have a couple things to share. Oh and our water was out for a week and a half, on for two days, now off again. Anyways...

First, I love mission. Yes, it is hard. Yes, its the best thing ever. So many ups and downs every week, but this was a great week for me. We started off with district meeting on tuesday, and received an amazing reminder about why I am here. Its so easy to get lost in this work and forget what your true purpose is. Lately I have been getting lost a bit in the numbers, it really does make a difference of who your companion is. I havent yet found the balance between numbers and loving the people and following the spirit. Sometimes we just get caught up in the numbers. Sometimes we forget about them, but then end up not having success because we forget about the work of a mission. Its hard to explain, but i feel like in slowly bouncing from one end to the other but getting closer to the missionary I would like to be. I want to bring the spirit into everything I say, I want to show the love of God. 

My Beautiful Piece of Africa
I had an amazing experience this week that really reminded me that I am needed here. That im not just another missionary walking the streets and that God could have used anyone else. We were on divisions, I was with Sister Park (love her!) and we randomly ended up having a lesson in the street with a 15 year old girl because our back up appointment fell. As we are beginning the lesson, one of the less active members passed by, Crisolita, and invited us to teach the girl in her house, so accepted. Crisolita mentioned that her knee was hurt, but nothing more. As we sat down, the girl had to go do a errand, so we asked if we could talk to crisolita. of course she said yes, and as we asked her about her day, she just broke down in tears. Things with family happened with the church, then she hurt her knee and she couldnt get off work otherwise she wouldnt be able to feed her family. As I just stood there hugging her, a lady that I had only talked to a few times, I felt Gods love for her. As we sat down to read a bit of the book of mormon with her, the spirit was thick in the air, you could feel the power testifying to her. There wasnt a dry eye in the room. As I offered the closing prayer, I had the impression to ask her if she would like a blessing from the elders, which she accepted. We called up the elders and just told them that a member needed a blessing of health because of a knee injury. As Elder Ayala gave Crisolita a blessing, everything that he said was exactly what she needed. Absolutely every doubt that she had was answered in that blessing. I know that Heavenly Father knows each of us personally. I know that He inspires his servants. The power of the priesthood is real. It heals our hearts and our spirits and we give him all that we have. There is no way that Elder Ayala knew what Crisolita neded, but her Heavenly Father did. 

The Sisters in the Sal District
The next day, crisolitas daughter came running up to us to let us know that her mom´s knee was all better. Just after we left she was able to walk. It didnt come as that much of a surprise to me, because after that blessing I knew that she would be okay. The moment wasnt just for Crisolita. I know that I needed that. That the elders needed that. that crisolitas family needed that. I know that the miracle touched something deep inside each of us. Heavenly Father knows us. He loves us. I love you all, thanks for everything you do. 


Much love,
Sister Kohlert

No comments:

Post a Comment